Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Great Day!

Today went much smoother as they were more familiar with the rules, schedule and such. 

The k-kids had their first music class and they enjoyed that!  We also were busy today discussing letter names and identifying shapes.  Later, I set up centers where they went to to do learning activities.

At story time I read them a book about me that showed photos and told about me during my years in elementary school.  They were surprised at the kindergarten page when it said that I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up!  I think it is good for them to see that their teacher was also a child at one time.

They had quiet time today too.  During quiet time, they lie down and relax a bit while listening to music.  They don't have to sleep, but just wind down a bit.

The girls relaxed while looking at books.


Later I did a little magic show.  I mixed colored water together to make new colors.  They were impressed.  Then one child asked me if I could disappear.  Ha-ha!   

The young students are working on identifying the colors and color words.  For those that already know them, I challenge them to learn which color is created when mixing two together.  They seemed interested in that.



No comments:

Post a Comment